A Home Seller’s Guide to COVID-19
In a perfect world, we'd all be able to sell our homes at the absolute perfect moment. Unfortunately, the COVID-19 pandemic has made selling a home a bit more complicated. In a perfect world, we'd all be able to sell our homes at the absolute perfect moment.
Unfortunately, the COVID-19 pandemic has made selling a home a bit more complicated. However, thanks to low interest rates and motivated buyers, it's a great time to sell. Research is the first step of any successful home sale. WiggyWam offers a few more great tips for nailing your sale during COVID-19.
Proper prep gives you the best chance at a great sale:
- See what you can learn from the homes that are currently on the market.
- Connect with an expert estate agent.
- Start packing up items you won't need between now and your move.
- Go over this sale prep checklist to get a sense of what your house needs.
Staging Your Home
The right staging can bring offers in fast.
- Start by familiarizing yourself with why proper staging is so important when selling a home.
- Put away all clutter before viewings, and cut down on personalized decor.
- If you opt for video tours, work with an experienced videographer who can make your home shine for online viewers.
Once you have offers on the table, how will you know which is best?
- Rule out anyone without mortgage pre-approval. Unless they're paying in cash, there's a chance their funding could fall through.
- The highest offer isn't always the best offer. If you want a fast closing, it may make sense to go a little lower for a cash offer.
- Familiarize yourself with the closing process so you know what to expect after you've accepted an offer.
We hope these tips help make selling your home a breeze. Soon, you'll have the offer you've been waiting for.
When listing your home, make sure your estate agent connects with WiggyWam. Check out how our platform works today!
Photo Credit: Unsplash